Tropical Shipping continues to monitor the path and intensity of Hurricane Irma, currently a catastrophic category 5 hurricane moving near Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Turks & Caicos, the Bahamas and South Florida.
Additionally, Hurricane Watches have been issued for the Northern Leeward Islands based on the forecast of category 2 Hurricane Jose.
Due to the hurricanes, we want to inform you of the following:
Friday, September 8 and Saturday, September 9:
· All sailings are cancelled.
· All Tropical Shipping offices in South Florida will be closed on Friday, September 8.
Reopening South Florida and all affected offices in the islands will be as soon as the storm passes and conditions are safe.
Arrivals next week - contingent upon the passage of the storm and reopening of the ports.
· BOMAR REBECCA is south of Puerto Rico will call San Juan after the port reopens. Her next call will be St. Thomas or St. Croix.
· VEGA OMEGA will sail Halifax tomorrow and arrive Port of Palm Beach next Wednesday September 13 and San Juan Saturday, September 16.
· TROPIC LURE will be in Grand Cayman Saturday, September 9.
· TROPIC OPAL will arrive in Providenciales area next Tuesday, September 12.
· TROPIC SUN will dock in Dominica after the weather subsides.
· TROPIC TIDE sailed Port of Palm Beach on Wednesday to St. Thomas and the Leeward islands. She will arrive in St. Thomas on Tuesday, Sept 12 and all arrivals will be delayed 72 hours.
· TROPIC CARIB is on schedule and will be outside St. Croix Saturday.
· TROPIC UNITY sailed Port of Palm Beach on Thursday to St. Croix and the Windward islands. She will arrive in St. Croix on Tuesday, September 12 and all arrivals will be delayed 48 hours.
Tropical Shipping values its close relationships we have built with our customers throughout our more than 50-year history. Thank you for choosing us as your carrier of choice to The Bahamas and the Caribbean. For further information, please contact your local sales representative or the U.S. Customer Service Team at 800-638-TROP (8767) or 561-881-3999.
Complete contact listings, including telephone and fax numbers and email address information can be found 24/7/365 on our website on the Bookings and Customer Service page – found in the Contact area of our website www.tropical.com.