Due to the significant flooding and disruptions caused by Hurricane Florence, our U.S. east coast logistics service is affected by the following:
- The CSX rail northeast service from the Port of Jacksonville is coming back up as CSX reroutes cargo around the areas affected by the storm. As the waters recede, the tracks and crossings are being inspected before re-opening throughout the area.
- Tropical Shipping’s equipment pools have been affected by the storm. We will have temporary delays in equipment availability to service the northeast however, we are working closely with CSX to do all that we can to get equipment to the northeast as soon as possible.
- Lumberton and Lumber Bridge, North Carolina freezers are closed until further notice.
- Freight coming from Charlotte destined to Fort Lauderdale, Miami and Savannah Port will begin moving on Tuesday, September 18 as well as freight going from Jacksonville to Charlotte. Charlotte currently has some power outages however, this should not affect the rail beginning tomorrow.
- Parts of 95 are closed.
- The FEC was not affected by the storm. The FEC volumes will be down due to trains and trucks bringing cargo to the Port of Jacksonville are limited.
- Customers should expect some delays until service is completely restored.
Tropical Shipping values its close relationships we have built with our customers throughout our more than 50-year history. Thank you for choosing us as your carrier of choice to The Bahamas and the Caribbean. For further information, please contact your local sales representative or the U.S. Customer Service Team at 800-638-TROP (8767) or 561-881-3999.
Complete contact listings, including telephone and fax numbers and email address information can be found 24/7/365 on our website on the Bookings and Customer Service page – found in the Contact area of our website www.tropical.com.