COVID-19 Safety Tips
Tropical cares about the health and well-being of its employees and customers, and we recommend the following CDC guidelines at work and with your families.
Standard recommendations to prevent the spread of this infection include:
- Avoid close contact with people suffering from acute respiratory symptoms such as fever, cough, and difficulty breathing.
- Perform frequent handwashing, especially after direct contact with sick people or their environment.
- Always wash with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and warm water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer which contains at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands if hands are visibly dirty. Note that hand sanitizers do not substitute for hand washing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. Then, wash your hands immediately afterward.
- Daily, clean and disinfect frequently touched objects such as doorknobs, handrails, computer mouse pads, phones, pencils, staplers, tools, utensils, etc., and commonly used surfaces. Some ways to prevent cross contamination include the following:
- Place hand sanitizers in the workplace for use of employees.
- Use paper cups at the coffee machine to prevent different people from touching cups prior to cleaning them.
- Do not share common pencils, staplers, etc. in office areas.
- Have food service personnel serve food instead of having every person touch the same utensils.
- Push elevator buttons with the outside of your hand versus the palm or fingers.
- Use bleach or other chemical cleaning solutions to sanitize and disinfect. Be sure to follow instructions and all safety precautions during use. For example, one cup of bleach in one gallon of water is an effective sanitizing solution, and other chemicals are available to do so, as well.