Tropical Shipping is always seeking ways to improve our processes and create a better customer experience. One of our newer initiatives, TropBox, was designed to help make shipping small packages easier than ever.
What is TropBox?
TropBox utilizes an advanced labeling system that assigns you a personal TropBox number. This “identification” number is completely unique to you and your desired destination. It can be easily placed in the “Ship To – Address Line 2” section when checking out on any website, such as Amazon.com. It can also be given to suppliers and placed into any reference or Ship To field on a purchase order or invoice. This number helps ensure your package gets to its correct destination in a timely manner.
Where Do You Find Your TropBox Number, and How Do You Use It?
- Log in to your account on tropical.com. If you don’t already have an account, create one here.
- Select “Manage My Account” in the upper right-hand corner of the menu bar.
- Select “Addresses and TropBoxes” at the bottom of the bulleted list. View and make note of your personal TropBox number(s).
- Return to “Manage My Account” and select “Manage Event Notifications”. Sign up for “Cargo Received” notification, and any other notifications that are of interest to you.
- When checking out on any online shopping website, place your TropBox number in the “Ship To - Address Line 2” field ( and fill out the rest according to the following example:
- NAME: Tropical Shipping
ADDRESS LINE 1: 9505 NW 108th AVE
ADDRESS LINE 2: @ABCD.1234 (example TropBox #)
ZIP CODE: 33178
When you receive the “Cargo Received” notification, log back in to your account to upload your invoice or other required documents to the booking. Once this is complete, your item(s) will sail on our next available sailing.
That’s it! Follow the simple steps above to start using your TropBox number on your next small package shipment. We encourage all of our customers to use TropBox for an enhanced shipping experience that stems from our ongoing commitment to provide on-time and reliable shipments to the Caribbean.
Tropical Shipping values its close relationships we have built with our customers throughout our more than 50-year history. Thank you for choosing us as your carrier of choice to The Bahamas and the Caribbean.
Complete contact listings, including telephone and fax numbers and email address information can be found 24/7/365 on our website on the Bookings and Customer Service page – found in the Contact area of our website www.tropical.com.