Tropical Shipping already had a container cleaning process in place, but has upgraded it to help fight the Coronavirus.
In the U.S. and in Canada, Tropical is washing all refrigerated containers going out for customer spots, as well as any dry containers that require washing, with the below product (or similar) mixed with water during the power washing cleaning process. This will help to make sure your container is clean and fresh each time you receive your container for loading.
Zep DZ-7 is a neutral, quaternary ammonium chloride, hospital-grade detergent/disinfectant, and is a member of the Zep GreenLink line of Environmentally Preferred Products (EPP). It effectively cleans and disinfects surfaces and will not damage floor finishes. It controls a broad spectrum of bacteria, fungi, and viruses, including HIV, on environmental surfaces at a mixture of 4 ounces per gallon of water. Zep DZ-7 (EPA Reg. No 1839-168-1270) ) is effective against the Human Coronavirus. Per the guidance provided by EPA List N: Disinfectants for Use Against SARS-CoV-2, this product should be used following the label directions applicable to Human Coronavirus and with a 10 minute contact when using against SARS-CoV-2. Visit (https://www.epa.gov/pesticide-registration/list-n-disinfectants-use-against-sars-cov-2) for more information.
- Bactericidal - Kills a broad spectrum of both Gram-negative & Gram-positive organisms including Staphyloccus aureus, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Salmonella choleraesuis, MRSA, E. coli, Listeria monocytoge
- Virucidal - Is effective against many viruses including: HIV-1, HIV-2, Hepatitis B & C, Herpes Types 1 & 2, Influenza A2, Rotavirus, Feline Leukemia, and Canine Distemper
- Fungicidal & Mildewstat - Kills Athlete’s Foot fungus and controls mildew on hard non-porous surfaces
- Neutral pH Cleaner - An effective cleaner & deodorizer that is mild enough to be used on floor finishes. Quickly penetrates and removes blood, excreta, as well as other organic matter
- Environmentally Preferable - This product is formulated without phosphates, butyl, or APE surfactants and all the detergents and emulsifiers are completely biodegradable
Tropical Shipping continues to sail to all ports each week as normal and the port operations are open for Vessel Arrival and Discharge.
We thank you for your patience during this difficult time. We will continue to monitor the developments on the outbreak of COVID-19 and will work closely with our customers, communities, and business leaders to ensure that we all do our part to win the fight against the novel coronavirus and emerge stronger than ever.
Complete contact listings, including telephone and fax numbers and email address information can be found 24/7/365 on our website on the Bookings and Customer Service page – found in the Contact area of our website www.tropical.com